Thursday, May 16, 2013

Orange & Almond with Cranberry Mini Bundt Cakes with Strawberry Glaze


I adapted this recipe from here to try out the new 12 portions mini bundt cake pan that I bought on Mother's Day. I used all the ingredients except for the water stated and almond extract. I grated rind from 2 oranges and added chopped slivered almonds and dried cranberries, about 1/8 cup of each to the batter. The perfect oven temperature for baking is 350F for cakes this size and  for about 25 mins. Bundt cakes are crusty on the outside, hence able to bake into the pretty Bundt shape and soft in the inside. For the Glaze, I just pureed about 8 large strawberries and stirred it into about 1/3 cup of powered sugar. Instead of drizzling, I hand held each and dipped the the top part of the cakes into the Glaze, just like glazed donuts. 

Such a delight to eat :) for afternoon tea time.




No comments:

Sitemeter