Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Bento Lunches for March 2013

It is quite hard to kick myself back into cooking and baking mode again. Not that I was not cooking all this while but to create something out of the norm takes a bit of brainstorming these days. Or rather, my attention has shifted too much to sewing and there is just not much to entice me to spend time in the kitchen. I used to be able to multi-task but ever since I moved house to my current location and loaded with the kids activities and homework almost everyday, I kind of gave up on some of my interests without realising it! Life is moving on very fast these days and I feel that I am trying to catch up with the days, literally.

To start with, I went back to making Bento lunches for my kids this month. Bento lunches first caught my eyes when I was in Japan long time ago and it was the first type of food cooking and presentation that got me into writing and documenting my culinary journey in this Blog. Through it, I learned to use different ingredients and also introduced more healthier eating to my kids. It is indeed a very uplifting feeling to be able to put different food and ingredients into a small box and present it. Like Forrest Gump said "Life is like a box of Chocolates, you never know what you are going to get". Taking out the Chocolates, I think Bento is that fun and surprising too!





No comments:

Sitemeter