Sunday, December 2, 2012

Cranberry Sauce Oat Finger Cakes


December started with a snowfall at my place. Nothing major but it was enough to let my kids dressed up in their snow attires and enjoyed the coming of winter. The X'mas tree is up and decorations on the way. Amidst the joys of the season celebrations, I always feel a bit sad to see another year ending. 2012 has been particularly fast in my opinion, the months just came and went like days and without realising much, my family and I have done alot this year. I am thankful that everything went and done without a hitch and hopefully all will be well into the new year.

There was still Cranberry Sauce that I made for the Thanksgiving dinner sitting in the fridge. It wasn't sweet enough to spread as jam on my morning toast and so I went ahead and baked with it. I adapted this recipe
and tweaked it a little. I had to scoop out all the Sage that I cooked in the cranberry sauce earlier and added more brown sugar to the cake batter. The recipe said Muffins but I used this Wilton rectangular fingers shape for a different take.


This was what I tweaked about the original recipe :
  • for the Whole Grain Wheat flour, I substituted with exact measurement of All Purpose Flour in addition to the amount of Flour given
  • for the Cranberry Sauce, I used 1 cup
  • for the baking Powder, I used only 1 tsp
  • for the Vegetable Oil, I substituted with exact measurement of melted Butter
  • for the Milk, I substituted with exact measurement of Heavy Cream
  • for the Brown Sugar, I added 2 tbsp more to the Original recipe
  • And Baked for 30 mins.
  •  
  • Results: Very Moist and Soft cake. Kids love it and good for snack boxes.

No comments:

Sitemeter