Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Hello Again

It has been about 6 months since I last posted and blogged. When I opened my Blogger account again this morning, it took me almost 3 hours to re-learn the whole concept and idea of blogging again. Yes, 6 months means half a year but not blogging, cooking nor baking for that kind of period of time resulted me in being rusty, almost to the point of losing patience re-learning the whole technology of digital photography, working through the many outrageous function and mode keys on the laptop and websites and finally trying to churn the brain for words to write about.

In the period of 6 months, I put everything on hiatus while my family and I went and searched for our next home. After walking through 50 houses and seeing the worst, bad and almost good ones, we have finally settled for one. When I first saw this house, I couldn't believe that it was real. After bouts of disappointment from seeing too many houses that didn't seem to match our needs nor liking and with major renovation work required plus the inevitable anxiousness that lurks in all new house buyers, I simply gave myself an ultimatum and took it then that I will never find my dream home! Until by chance, this particular house that opened its doors one Sunday for viewing and we decided to drive in and not expecting anything. As soon as I walked in, I knew this was the house that has been waiting for me. To some people, it is called a Gut feeling but to me intuitively, I just know, this house is calling me to come in and be its Lady in charge! It was exactly the same feeling when I first walked into our previous townhome.

I am very glad that I hooked up with the right Real estate agent and knowing how fussy I was, she patiently shown me so many houses. The whole process of buying my new house was long but made bearable by her and I am very thankful that once I decided on this house, everything moved smoothly, including the sale of my old townhouse!

Let's talk about the new house kitchen. It is double the size that I had previously and definitely more countertop space for me to shove things around. To motivate myself to get back into baking and cooking again, I have bought a portable Kitchen island to work on those rolling, mixing and stretching. So hopefully I will be able to spend more time now doing what I used to do before I moved house and continue to create delectable things for the palates. :)

No comments:

Sitemeter