6 chicken wings, dissected to 2 parts; Juice of 2 large lemons; 5 pip of garlic (grated); 1 small knob of ginger (grated to yield 1 tbsp); 1 tbsp dried oregano; 1 tsp cornflour; 1/2 cup water or lemonade; white pepper; Kosher salt
- Marinate the chicken wings with the lemon juice, grated garlic & ginger, Kosher salt, white pepper and oregano. Leave it in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Heat the pan with 2 tbsp of cooking oil. Spoon in the wings Without the residue liquid from the marinate. Reserve the marinate liquid.
- Cover the pan with lid and let the wings cook on medium heat for 7 to 10 mins, turning the wings once to prevent over cooking/burning on one side.
- Add the 1/2 cup water/lemonade to the reserved marinate liquid and dissolve the cornflour into this liquid mixture.
- Turn up the heat and pour the liquid mixture into the pan and coat the wings evenly. The sauce will thicken, once bubbly, turn down the heat, cover with lid and let the wings cook for another 3 mins.
- Serve while hot.