Friday, February 25, 2011
1) Wet hands and molds with salted water. Scoop cooked sushi rice into molds, fill up till just below the top rim.
2) Close the lid and gently press down the rice. Let it sit for 1 min. Remove the lid and turn the mold with rice inside upside down on the countertop. With your thumb push the flap to release the rice balls.
3) To decorate, take a small strip of Nori and punch your desired shape. Place the rice ball on the rough side of the nori and gently roll up around the rice ball.
4) The rice balls can be decorated with black sesame seeds.
2. Kimchi & other fillings can be molded into the rice balls.
3. Cylinder/Tube shapes come in large & small sizes
4. Decorated with punched out nori wrappers the Rice Balls makes cute Bento