Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Oat Wheat Boule


After the success of the last Whole Wheat Bread, I attempted Boule with Oatmeal using Whole Wheat flour. Using the same recipe, I added 1/4 cup of thick cut oats to the bread dough by mixing it together with the flour, gluten and salt first before mixing it with the wet ingredients. This time I omitted the butter and the bread turned out more denser in texture, resembling the Rye bread. The dough can be quite sticky but sprinkle extra flour sparingly as the dough needs to be slightly wet when let to rest and rise. The dough is shaped into Boule as soon as it was kneaded and let rest for 1 hour to double in size. Prior to baking, I used milk to glaze the top of the shaped dough and sprinkled with the oat. For this recipe (omit the butter and add 1/4 cup oat to the flour), it will yield 2 small boule and bake for 25 mins.



1 comment:

tatabonita (y-rahmasari) said...

Hi Lily! Thanks for visiting my blog and dropping me your kind comments :D. I love to see your baking and bento blog. I'm a big fan of bread but have never put myself to start learning baking, someday when i get the "enlightenment" to bake, I'll learn a lot from you :D

Sitemeter