Friday, September 10, 2010

September Bento Week 2

Day 3
I have been checking out some new frozen stuffs for the Bento and I found these little sized shrimp pork dumplings, which we usually get at Dim Sum meals. They are mini sizes and just right for kids bento if you are running out of ideas on what meat fillings to fit into your kids bento box. I included a small bottle of dark soy sauce for dipping. Japanese mushrooms like Enoki and Bunashimeji are available at Asian stores only and for today's Bento, I just steamed the Bunashimeji together with the Broccoli, cauliflower and dumplings all together for 15 mins. All I had to do were form the rice balls and attached their smiley faces. The theme today is shapes.

Day 4, 5 & 6
These 3 days were not very good days as Miss E throws an emotional outburst every now and then about going to school and all I packed for her were banana, yogurt and sandwiches. And myself too being sucked into all these abrupt emotional roller coaster and simply drained in energy! Gosh! Being parents are just darn hard! Hoping for a better week next week....... Yeh! Friday!

No comments:

Sitemeter