Thursday, June 3, 2010

Sausage Buns

I love the store bought Oat Nut bread too much that I have forsaken my bread flour and yeast for 2 months. But after a while, I longed for the freshly baked taste and just out of the oven smell from homemade bread and now I am back baking breads and buns again.

Still with my old recipe from the Taro Bun, I made these sausage buns which is a favorite of kids and adult alike. The sugar added to the bun contrasts with the saltiness of the sausage and this is a very popular bun back in Malaysia.

For this bun recipe, I made a total of 12 buns, which are quite big in size compared with the store bought ones. You can use any type of meat sausages as long as it is precooked as you can only bake these buns for 15 mins in the oven with the sausage intact or else the buns will be burnt. I boiled the sausages for 5 mins and patted them dry before I started rolling  them with the bread dough. To make the swirl shape of the buns, I took the bread dough and divided it into 12 equal sized balls and took one piece and roll it out like a log just like working a rolling pin. And I took each rolled out dough and twirled it from one end of the sausage to the other end to encase it. The buns were then left to rest for another 30 mins and they expanded a bit. Egg wash must be applied to attain the beautiful color.



No comments:

Sitemeter