Sunday, May 9, 2010

Chocolate Cake Dessert Cups /Mother's Day 2010

Happy Mother's Day to me, my mom, my grandma, my aunties, my cousins, my sister in law and my friends far and near. This is my 6th year celebrating this occasion and my kids just get better with everything they do and say!

After 6 years of motherhood life, I can say I have learned and progressed alot in terms of endearing stress, enjoying little pleasures and of course letting my kids little minds train and inspire me! The days just go by faster every year with them hollering around my days and  I am a very proud mother of my kids. Although they are not wholly angelics nor saints, I take pride of having raised them so far with a good conscious of everything and they in return shares everything with me with their little stories and experiences in their growing. 

As with every year, I get a big breakfast in bed, made by Curry and my 2 kids. This year, they had to drag me out of bed at 7.30am and I was feeding on my cheese omelette with half opened eyes and messy big hair! Recently I am very down with stamina but not due to motherhood duties, highly because I have allocated more time to my exercise regime and the set on of spring season allergies which slows me down. For a whole week or two, my mind and body were occupied with the same calories counting topic and I lost my mojo in cooking and baking.

Miss E brought home a card she made at school and she was right in stating that she loves me because I am good at Baking! She loves to eat and my Bento makes her very happy while Prince D tags along in everything, like or not like! And so in order to continue to be a cool and lovable mom, I tried to bake a cake for today. True enough, after a while not doing it, I lost my mojo and my chocolate cake didn't rise as much as I wanted it to be in the pan. What did I do then? Besides being the Queen in my kids' eyes, I am also the Queen of fix it when comes to flop and failed cakes. I cut up my chocolate cake with round biscuit cutters and took out my best dessert cups and made something very simple and of course nice!



I whipped up 1 cup of heavy cream with 1/4 cup of icing sugar, shelled some pistachio and hulled some strawberries and piled them all up with the chocolate cake circles. With a touch of love and simplicity, I made these pretty little cups of desserts for teatime and I feel good that I am not taking advantage of Mother's Day to stuff myself , which I will definitely have to pay for it later in sweat! And of course, thank you to my lovely hubby who treated me to my favorite lunch plate so far...... Sashimi, deluxe size and all mine!





No comments:

Sitemeter