Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Granola Cranberry & White Choc Chip Cookies


One thing I like about American cookies are that they are chunky and fulfilling. Just one piece can fill me up and no, I haven't adopted the way of dunking one into milk yet! I was looking for a dessert to make for a playdate today and decided on these big lovely cookies. And well enough, they tasted so good that I ate more than one.


I adapted this recipe from the back of the package of dried cranberry I had in the pantry! These type of recipes do actually work and usually, you would have all the other ingredients in your pantry too. I am trying to eat healthy these days and granola with a mixture of oats and nuts is my current craze. This cookie is both crunchy and slightly soft inside and I just like the blend of the tart dried cranberries with the sweet white choc chips.

Recipe :
Ingredients :
1-1/2  Cup All purpose flour
1-1/2 cup granola
2/3 cup light brown sugar
10 tbsp cold & malleable butter
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp Baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup white choc chips
1/3 cup dried cranberry

Method:
1)Preheat the oven to 375F.
2)Beat the butter and brown sugar till light and creamy. Add in the eggs, one at a time and beat to combine.
3)Mix the flour, granola, baking soda and salt together in one large bowl.
4)Spoon the flour mixture into the butter mixture in 2 batches. Stir in to mix thoroughly. Add in the milk and stir to combine.
5)Scatter the white choc chips and dried cranberry into the dough mixture and stir to incorporate.
6)Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop the cookie dough onto a large cookie pan, leaving at least 1-1/2 inch space in between the cookies. Continue with the rest of the dough and should be able to yield 18 to 20 cookies.
7)Bake for 15 to 18 mins. Remove to cookie racks to cool completely before storage or serve warm.

Makes : 18 to 20 cookies




No comments:

Sitemeter