Tuesday, February 16, 2010

February Bento Days (1)

Gong Xi Fa Chai! Hey, in my household we celebrate Chinese New Year for 15 days and although I am 3 days late with my wishes, I still intend to do alot of cooking and celebration and hopefully I can catch up!

Finally my cough and cold had subsided and trying to pick up the momentum to ensure I don't miss out on doing things that I wanted to do for this celebration that I most enjoy and love of all the holidays celebrations! Although we are away from the hustle and bustle of Malaysia and Hong Kong's atmosphere of celebration, I still try my best to celebrate with my kids.

My Canon camera gave up on me and I miss it so much! Suddenly I felt that my pictures are not as interesting nor striking anymore and hoping Curry will get it fixed or get me a similar one very soon or else I will lose my interest in food photography very fast! At the meantime, I have to put my Sony to use of which I inherited from my ever technology hip brother.

According to the geomancer, the Tiger Year looks bright and prosperous. Well, they always say that every year but I am not complaining. So far, every year had been peaceful and although not always smooth sailing, I count my blessings. This is the 10th year I haven't been back to Malaysia to enjoy all the fun of this celebration and chances are that I won't be able to do so for the next 10 years till my kids grow up and out of school!

Today's Bento boxes have been long coming and my kids enjoyed them. Snow day today and both remained at home. February is coming to an end soon and I am so looking forward to March already with all this snow squalls and ice patches lingering and spoiling days! This year's snow fall has been less in my neck of the woods and absolutely went crazy down south. Imagine snow in major part of Texas and Florida! Perhaps the earth has really shifted its position or the effect of global warming is getting more evident these days! Whatever it is, I hope the Tiger Year will keep roaring in a good way with its prosperity and luck to everywhere and to everyone I know. Wishing you all a Healthy and Prosperous New Year!



No comments:

Sitemeter