Sunday, February 7, 2010

Banana Granola Muffin

What a way to kick off February! The kids and I took turns getting sick and Curry had to travel away. And all the cough and sniffle makes me a very lethargic and helpless person. I hate being sick as it really affects my days, plans and sometimes my children have to bear with my lack of consistency and abrupt anger, accumulated from frustrations and a weary mind.


Kids have recovered with the irritating dry cough creeping up once in a while and I am already hearing Prince D complaining he is sick every morning just to avoid preschool! Perhaps the Terrible Three symptom is only kicking in now and sometimes I find my own son's emotional outbursts unbearable. And yet when he cheekily smiles when he gets his way, I forgot on why I was mad with him in the first place. Kids.... they can drive you insane and make you mad and yet your love for them eventually is unconditional and genuine.


With 3 bananas almost rotting given another day on the countertop, I had to use them or thrash them. Chinese people has the most taboos in everything and my kids and I were deprived of everything sweet including fruits by Curry and according to him, to prevent the building up of phlegm and triggering of more coughing! Seriously, if I had to live by all these taboos, I will eventually die.


This recipe has no butter and less sugar. Good for a quick snack or morning grab and go and with added granola, it gave a crunch and extra goodness to the muffin. I used 3 large bananas, just double the amount if using baby bananas. The easiest thing to make and Miss E made it with me within 10 mins.


Recipe :



2 cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 cup Sugar
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
2 eggs
1/2 cup low fat milk
3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup granola





Method :



1)Preheat oven to 350F.
2)Line 8 to 10 muffin pans with paper liners.
3)Beat the eggs and add into the mashed banana. Mix and pour in milk and mix again.
4)In another bowl,mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar with a fork.
5)Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and fold in.
6)Divide the batter between the muffin tins. Scatter the granola on top of each muffin.
7)Bake for 30 to 35 mins till slightly brown.


Makes : 8 to 10 medium muffins


No comments:

Sitemeter