Tuesday, March 24, 2009

March Bento Days (5)

Kids tend to know which of their parents is the strict one and which is the easy one. I would like to think of myself as a combination of both qualities as Missy E thinks I am funny at times and yet she seldom protest when I tell her what to and not to do. On the other hand, Prince D never seems to take me nor Curry seriously and a scolding never means anything for long before he is back to his little naughty tricks! But among us two, I seem to be able to play the disciplinarian role better and perhaps I am a bit complacent but I do find that my kids behaving better without Curry around!

I was home alone with them last night. I was so ready to settle down and turned on Wall E to calm and tune them down for the evening. After a mere 30 mins, Prince D was moving around and nothing seems to tire him. I started to worry about the long trip back to Malaysia that we are planning for this November! What will he be doing during the 16 hours plus flight time? I know one thing for sure..... I will have no peace!

Not much of an idea today and I opted to pack something simple for their lunch boxes. Every kids love tomato sauce and I simply cooked some Ziti pasta and stir fried it with peas and tomato sauce. I managed to get hold of some animal shaped pasta and cooked some to decorate the Ziti pasta. These shaped pasta are more fragile as they are shaped irregularly and should be cooked on low heat to avoid them breaking up. I made some meat balls by mixing some minced beef with sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil and corn flour and pan fried them with oil. As the weather gets warmer, I serve them more fruits and lucky for me, my kids don't mind eating fruits and vegetables.
This will be the type of Bento lunches that I will likely be packing if I had to do it on a daily basis. Quick and easy saves the day!

No comments:

Sitemeter