3 tbsp white sesame seeds
2 tbsp water
B) Chicken & Noodle
2 large chicken thigh meat with drumsticks attached & Skin removed
150 gm rice stick
1 tbsp chinese cooking wine
1 tsp Kosher salt
1- 1/2 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp vinegar
1/2 tsp sugar
10 napa cabbage leaves (with white stalk part removed and all rolled up and chiffon cut to thin strands)
- Heat the sesame seeds in a frying pan without added oil. Turn on slow medium heat and when they are slightly browned, remove from heat and process or ground with mortar & pestle till paste form. Add in the water and oil and stir to combine well. Keep in refrigerator till ready to use.
- Clean the chicken thighs, apply the cooking wine and salt and steam for 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat till cooked thoroughly. Remove and let cool completely before shredding.
- Boil water and cook the rice sticks till soft, approximately 10 mins. Drain water and rinse under running cold water. Drain in colander.
- Boil water and blanch the napa cabbage leaves for 10 seconds. Remove and drain.
- Arrange the rice stick on plate and next the chicken meat.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar and sugar into the sesame paste and stir to thin consistency. Taste first prior to drizzling on the chicken. If required, more of the 3 ingredients may be added.
- Arrange the cabbage leaves to make a nice presentation. Alternatively use cucumber.
Serves 2 to 3 persons