Tuesday, April 29, 2008

April Bento Days (4)

Spring days can be lazy days for me too. Last night's rain lingered on till this afternoon, sometimes a trickle of drizzle and at times a downpour that never seems to end. And Missy E is on school vacation, the more unmotivated I am, knowing that I haven't plan anything for her this whole week! Being the perfect mum is just so hard.

Nevertheless, I never shy away from colors in everything I like and made a simple Bento box for Curry, light and easy. The canned tuna and salmon are my lifesavers when there is nothing better to cook or short in time to prep early in the morning. Mix with some mayo, salt and pepper with a squirt of lemon juice, I get a tasty salmon spread. Although I am not a big fan of Mexican food, the tortilla wrap comes very handy and I use it during summer days to contain and wrap around sandwiches fillings when the burger and hot dog buns are the only sought after bread!

Curry always preferred the Japanese pickled Radish ('Takuan') to the gherkin pickle. I agree with his choice as the radish one is more crunchy and is not slathered all over with the strong scent of vinegar. Spread over in a bed of shredded lettuce with tomatoes on the side, I think I have brought enough spring mood into this lunch box. Now if only the raining will stop and let me have a peek of the sun. Looks like my chances are as gloomy as the sky.

2 comments:

Terri @ A Daily Obsession said...

hi, thanks for showing up at my blog! r u frm KK too? i see frm one page tt u n i have 2 things in common--food n flowers :) don't these things just make life more wonderful?

your photos r beautiful! what camera is this? it reminds me of Mandy's on my links (frm KK)so i won't be surprised if it's a Pentax. do keep in touch!

Lily Anette said...

Canon Powershot is my partner in blog!

Thanks for the compliment.

Sitemeter