Saturday, March 22, 2008

Recipe of the Day: Minced Beef Omelette

Eggs is one of my Must Have in the fridge. Its versatility from a simple fried sunny side up to its many uses as side ingredient for meat and vegetable dishes makes it the ubiquitous helper in every cuisine. Perhaps the cholesterol of the yolk is a concern for older folks, including myself who is getting to the "Watch What you Eat" age, but an egg a day will surely not kill me!!

Infact, I used 3 eggs for this recipe. Everyone can make an omelette but sometimes this dish is too simple to make that it simply doesn't come to mind at all and ignored when we are clueless as to what to prepare for dinner. I love the color that the yolk yields, so rich and vibrant. Appetizing as it is, eggs are indeed very nutritious and aptly named the Incredible Egg. If I was to choose my last meal, I would want a fried egg over easy, sandwiched between a slice of cheese and 2 slices of wholemeal bread and I am already half way to Heaven (if God says so!).


Ingredients:
3 eggs
250g minced beef
2 stalks of chopped green onion
salt & pepper

Method:
1) Beat eggs and heat oil in pan on medium.
2)Stir Fry the minced beef for 5 minutes.
3)Add eggs & green onion and let set before turning over. I prefer mine a bit
scrambled (and also because my non-stick pan is no longer in its original
form due to the abusive spatula and overworked!)
4) Add pepper & salt.

Serves : 3 as side dish

No comments:

Sitemeter