Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Recipe of the Day: Cream of Mushroom Spaghetti

Frozen boxed prepared meals never appeal to me. Call me a snob but I do taste the smell of paperbox lingering with the food regardless on how high the watts of my microwave can zap on it. I am amazed with the freezer section of my grocery store which stocks everything from boxed pancakes to fried chicken and I wonder how big is the refrigerator of the households that strive and live on boxed meals!

Ironically, I like canned goods. They are handy when I can't find the fresh version of the particular ingredient such as pineapple, straw mushrooms and red bean paste. Canned and bottled sauces and soups are also helpful when spice scooping, mixing and marinating is not in my to do list of the day!

Cream of mushroom is a favorite in my pantry. With spaghetti on hand and getting a bit bland with the rice day in and day out, throw in some broccoli, chicken meat and mushroom and you have a good one pot dish.

Ingredients:
2/3 box of spaghetti
1 can of Cream of mushroom
15 mushroom, sliced
broccoli cut into small florets
chicken chunks/chicken breast meat
3 cloves of garlic, minced

Method:
1)Boil water and cook spaghetti.
2)Heat oil in pot and fry minced garlic. Add chicken meat and continue to stir fry for 7 mins.
3)Add mushroom and broccoli. Simmer for 5 minutes.
4)Add cream of mushroom and simmer further.
5)Drain spaghetti and add into sauce pot and mix. Simmer for 7 to 10 mins.
6)Serve.

Serves: 3 persons

No comments:

Sitemeter